Monday, November 02, 2009

Ladybuggy

'Parkle Girl needs a new 'tettie. (Except she doesn't say that anymore. She says "sweater" now. Another one of those bittersweet moments). I was all ready to make her a little swing cardigan and had even bought some pink yarn, when Ladybug appeared on the scene.

I showed it to 'Parkle Girl and she was just as entranced as I was. A couple of very lovely email exchanges with the designer and I was all set to find the perfect yarn for a fantastic sweater for the 'parkliest girl.


The sweater has been taking me a while, mostly because the black yarn I needed was backordered. Well, and also because I just don't have that much knitting time and I decided to make the size 6 so she'd be able to wear it for a few years.


'Parkle Girl has been watching her sweater take shape, and last Thursday there was enough of it to try on.



That's a dark picture of a little girl wearing pajamas and a sweater with part of a sleeve. I've finished the first sleeve and started the second, and she's starting asking the same question every morning.

"Is my Ladybuggy sweater done yet?

"Where are the wings?"

And then she says, "When it is done, I will fly and fly and fly like a bird."


I'm not sure if she's pretending (she is an excellent pretender) or if she really thinks a Ladybug sweater will make her fly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SuperM, the Ladybug sweater is SO, SO cute! I can just imagine your little munchkin wearing it! Alas, my own are now too big for a sweater such as Ladybug, though when my youngest, now in 6th grade, was only 5, I did make her a Ladybug sweater. It was a HUGE hit. There's something about those cute little red and black bugs!

Alison said...

Oh, 'Parkle girl looks so cute and the knitting looks great! This post makes me so happy! Thanks!